Pumpkin Roll Muffins are a delicious and easy fall dessert recipe with pumpkin, warm spices, refrigerated crescent roll dough, and sweet glaze. Making these rolls in muffin form takes less than 30 minutes!
However, you can have these delicious Pumpkin Roll Muffins as a dessert, but they are totally acceptable as breakfast, too. They are my favorite fall comfort food.
If you are craving pumpkin desserts, but traditional pie seems like too much, these cupcakes with pumpkin pie filling are a good option.
Fall baking season is finally here!!! That means a lot of baked goods with pumpkins and apples. If you prefer apples over pumpkin desserts but, you can check my Apple Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes.
Pumpkin Puree vs. Pumpkin Pie Filling: Which One Should You Choose?
Canned pumpkin puree contains 100% pumpkin without additional spices or flavors. On the other hand, pumpkin pie filling features pureed pumpkin flavored with the traditional pumpkin pie spices: cloves, cinnamon, allspice, or nutmeg.
While pumpkin pie filling is a time-saver if you want to control the flavors and spices in your recipes use pumpkin puree. If don’t have all the spices on hand, then go for the pumpkin pie filling.
In the end, pumpkin pie filling is not as customizable as pumpkin puree. You may find a brand too sweet for your taste or too heavy on spices, while pumpkin puree allows you to adjust the seasonings to your liking.
How to Make Pumpkin Roll Muffins
You’ve probably noticed that I’m totally hooked on recipes that start with refrigerated crescent rolls or cinnamon rolls. Premade dough simply saves time in the kitchen. But all of these recipes are equally good for dessert and for breakfast as well.
As I said, making these delicious pumpkin rolls in muffin form takes less than 30 minutes!
First, drain the excess of a liquid from the pumpkin puree. Place the puree on several layers of paper towel and press on top with more paper, then transfer it in a bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and spices. Stir with a fork. Taste and add more sugar or spices if needed to your taste. Add egg yolk and stir well to combine.
Brush standard muffin pan with melted butter generously and set aside.
Next, unroll the dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Pinch to seal the perforation. Spread the filling over the dough.
Starting from the wider side, roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 8 pieces.
Arrange rolls in a buttered pan, then brush each roll with melted butter on top. Bake 16 to 18 minutes in preheated oven at 375 F. When the rolls are slightly cooled, remove them from the pan and drizzle with the glaze.
Pumpkin Roll Muffins are a delicious and easy fall dessert recipe with pumpkin, warm spices, refrigerated crescent roll dough, and sweet glaze. Making these delicious rolls in muffin form takes less than 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter-melted
- 1 (8 oz.) tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (place pumpkin puree on several layers of paper towel, wrap and press to soak excess moisture)
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Brush cupcake pan with melted butter generously and set aside. You’ll have 8 rolls.
- On a sheet of parchment paper unroll the crescent dough sheet. If using crescent rolls, seal the perforation to make large rectangle
- Place drained pumpkin puree in a bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and spices. Stir with a fork. Taste and add more sugar or spices to your taste, if desired. Add egg yolk and stir well to combine.
- Spread into an even layer over the dough.
- Beginning on the long side of the rectangle, roll the dough into a log.
- Slice the log in 8 pieces. Arrange rolls in the pan.
- Brush the top with melted butter and bake until golden brown (about 16-18 min). If it starts browning too quickly, tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Stir together glaze ingredients and spoon over slightly cooled cupcakes.