Mini Banana Split Cheesecakes are a light and easy dessert, packed with banana flavor, perfect for spring baking season. Smooth and creamy banana cheesecake, vanilla wafer crust and whipped cream topping garnished with banana slices and maraschino cherries make a delicious combo of flavors and texture. If you like banana flavor and cheesecake, try this Banana Bread Cheesecake, too. You’re going to love this dessert recipe.
Mini Banana Split Cheesecakes
Mini Banana Split Cheesecakes are a fun twist on a classic ice cream dessert. This is a quick and easy, dessert recipe for a party, picnic, or potluck to feed a crowd. It’s so light and refreshing and it could be the perfect addition to your Easter menu.
If you like this idea of a fun twist on a classic banana split dessert, you could check my Banana Split Dessert Salad, too.
These mini cakes combine two of my favorite things – banana flavor and cheesecake. The cheesecake filling is packed with real banana flavor without banana extract. It has a lot of fresh bananas. First, I mixed mashed bananas in a cheesecake mixture. Then I added a few banana slices in each cup, plus the one on top for garnish. Only fresh bananas can give that real banana flavor.
Instead of classic cheesecake crust made with graham crackers, for this recipe, I used vanilla wafers because they are sweeter and have more flavor. Vanilla wafers are the perfect match for banana pudding, but for this banana cheesecake, too. However, if you prefer graham crackers, you can use graham cracker crumbs in place of wafer crumbs. Anyhow, the star of the show is banana cheesecake filling.
Banana Cheesecake Filling
The cheesecake filling is smooth and creamy. But to make these mini cheesecakes lighter and fluffier I swirled whipped cream on top. You can top them with a scoop of ice cream if you prefer. Garnish is totally optional. You can decorate these Mini Banana Split Cheesecakes with vanilla wafers, banana slices, maraschino cherries. Finally, drizzle with your favorite topping. I like to put the chocolate topping on my banana split,. But, you can use strawberry or pineapple topping if you love them more.
However, with or without topping, these Mini Banana Split Cheesecakes with smooth and creamy filling are packed with fresh banana flavor and taste delicious.
Mini Banana Split Cheesecakes are a light and easy dessert, packed with banana flavor, perfect for spring baking season.
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-meted
- 12 oz. cream cheese-softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs-slightly beaten with a fork
- banana slices
Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- maraschino cherries
- banana slices
- chocolate topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line cupcake and with paper liners and set aside.
- REDUCE the oven temperature to 325 F!
- Using a fork stir together vanilla wafer crumbs and sugar, add melted butter and stir until all crumbs are evenly moistened. Press about 2 Tablespoons of the mixture in the bottom of each cup. Bake for minutes, then set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Add mashed banana and mix to combine, scraping down the bottom to combine everything evenly. Finally, add eggs and mix at low speed just to combine.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of the mixture in each cup, then top with a couple of thin banana slices. Add more filling, almost to the top. Tap the pan on the working surface to allow the filling to set and smooth the top.
- Bake 18-20 minutes at 325 F. Centers should just barely jiggle slightly, don’t over-bake them. If they begin to crack, they are starting to become over-baked. Turn off the oven, crack the oven door, and let them cool in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove them from the oven and allow them to cool to room temperature, before placing them in the fridge to cool completely.
- Beat heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powder sugar until stiff peaks form. Pipe the whipped cream on cooled cheesecakes. Before serving drizzle with chocolate topping and garnish with banana slices and maraschino cherries.